Bone broth really and truly is our ultimate beauty boostin food here at Depths. Its a staple in my "CULTIVATE-BEAUTY-FROM-WITHIN-GET-YOUR-GLOW-ON" diet for a reason! Not only is it rich in minerals, collagen and gelatin, it's absolutely delicious.... read on to find out why I think broth cleansing should be the new BLACK!
WHAT IS BONE BROTH?
Bone broth is the result of simmering bones very slowly to draw out vitamins, minerals and gelatin from the bones without letting heat destroy them. What’s left? A nutrient rich broth that will boost your body with everything it needs to glow and perform at its best. Its packed with over 19 easy-to-absorb, essential and non-essential amino acids (the building blocks of proteins), collagen/gelatin, which help form connective tissue and nutrients that support digestive functions, immunity and brain health!
THE BENEFITS OF BONE BROTH…
- Treat leaky gut syndrome
- Overcome food intolerances and allergies
- Improve joint health
- Reduce cellulite
- Boost immune system
- Boosts Detoxification
- Aids the Metabolism and Promotes Anabolism
BUT WHY SO GOOD?
- Rich in collagen to help promote skin elasticity as well as strong hair and nails
- Hyaluronic acid in bone broth reduces inflammation in the body and can help with achy joints too
- Supports gut and digestive health by stimulating digestive juices and balancing bile production while also balancing good and bad bacteria in the gut
- Gelatin can help to rebuild gut lining that may be damaged (as is the case with leaky gut syndrome) to promote optimum gut health. It also promotes muscle recovery and repair – great for those of you like me who love to train!
- Improves immunity through ensuring a healthy gut which is where immunity
- Rich in glycine which fuels liver detoxification
- Supports strong, healthy bones which is particularly important for women as we age and the body produces less collagen
For more benefits and information have a look HERE
It is super important to ensure the bone broth you’re drinking is certified organic, free of nasties and made from local, grass-fed and finished beef or chicken. Undivided Food Co. are a brand I love and trust that only use the highest quality ingredients and make getting a daily dose of collagen goodness easy if you’re unable to make your own.
RECIPE - Anti-Inflammatory Broth With Turmeric & Coconut Milk Recipe
This is a favourite snacks at the Undivided Food Co.HQ. Turmeric is the anti-inflammatory super spice, with a whole host of health boosting benefits. The brands Nutritionist, Stephanie Malouf says “the protein from the broth and nourishing fats from the coconut milk is the perfect combination for stabilising your blood sugar levels. This leaves you feeling satisfied and prevents those nasty sugar cravings making it the perfect 3pm snack option. And whats even better is it takes no time to make!”.
1 cup of GOOD BONES Certified Organic Broth Broth (chicken or beef, but we prefer chicken for this recipe)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp of organic coconut milk
Pinch of pepper (this helps absorb the turmeric)
01: Add the broth to a saucepan and heat until it comes to a light simmer
02: Add the coconut milk
03: Turn off the heat and add the turmeric and pepper and stir until well combined. Blend for a creamer consistency.
For more recipe ideas, head to
INTERESTED IN TRYING A CLEANSE?
GOOD BONES have kindly offer all Depths beauties 20% off all cleanse programs (21 Day Reset Program, 7-Day Kick Starter Program, 3-Day Immune Boosting Program) and all stand alone e-books. Use code: EMMILYBANKS
Find your closest GOOD BONES stockist here
MORE RECIPE GOODNESS
For more information such as the health benefits of GOOD BONES, their 21-Day or 7-Day Cleanse Program or their latest 3-Day Immune Boosting Program and recipe ideas get in touch with Stephanie Malouf
For even more delishhh recipe's including broth, check out our pal, Good Bones Ambassador and Healthy Chef extraordinaire, Scott Gooding.