How Cryotherapy Increases Collagen Production and Amazing Benefits of Float Tanks!
As you all know, I'm BIG on cultivating beauty from within and I LOVE trialling new ways to promote relaxation, recovery and healing which is why I was really excited to test out Koa Recovery's treatments, see the full low-down below..
Koa Recovery is a recovery centre in Waterloo, Sydney with a number of different therapies including
- Whole Body Cryotherapy
- Flotation Therapy
- Compression Therapy using NormaTec
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation using Compex.
Benefits include stress relief and relaxation, reduction in pain and inflammation, help managing migraines and insomnia, improved energy, clarity and productivity, help preventing cell damage from free radicals decreasing the appearance of wrinkles, removing toxins and impurities from the body and helping to manage skin allergies and boost release of collagen from within cells. ....Sounds pretty good right?!
Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) is a state of the art treatment that stimulates the body to heal on its own, producing several benefits ranging from fitness & health to weight loss and anti-ageing.
During the treatment, skin is exposed to temperatures below zero for up to 3 minutes.
- Provides skin and tissue benefits by increasing the release of collagen.
- Whole Body Cryotherapy greatly (some studies indicating 300% to 500%) enhances the body’s collagen production (our own naturally-produced collagen, not a chemical substitute).
- Is the only known modality to result in this response with no need to synthetics or surgery.
- Can reduce cellulite as during the treatment blood flow improves and for many people cellulite is associated with poor blood flow.
- Helps flush away waste products and toxins.
- Can help clear skin conditions including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
- Can help reduce redness of skin because of its anti inflammatory properties
Float tanks are designed to block out all external distractions, including light, sounds and gravity providing the ultimate in sensory deprivation. The tank contains approximately 550kg of Epsom salt solution, which is about 25cm deep.
The water is heated to skin temperature making it almost impossible to feel your body against the water. The buoyancy of the water allows you to float effortlessly on the surface eliminating gravity and allowing every muscle in your body to relax.
- Relaxation and reduces the effect of stress
- Increased endorphins
- Improved wellbeing
- Helps manage insomnia, migraines and infertility
- Decreases cortisol levels
- Improved physical performance
- Speeds up recovery time
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Boosts immune system
- Reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Lowers blood pressure
- Optimises clarity and comprehension
- Detoxes the body at a cellular level increases magnesium in the body (research has found that reduces skin allergies as low levels of magnesium increased our body’s production of magnesium and cells which are deficient of magnesium are two times more likely to be attached by free radicals which can increase wrinkles).
I honestly had such an amazing experience at Koa. The Cryo session was really fun - yes it did get quite icy towards the end of the 3minute mark, but I felt really invigorated and alive once I stepped out!
The float tank was honestly NEXT LEVEL. I felt so relaxed that I actually slipped out of consciousness a few times.. it felt like I was floating on a cloud. I noticed how calm and meditative I felt when I left, my body and mind felt blisssssful. I highly recommend giving both a trial for your mind body and soullll. I would like to FLOAT everyday if I could!
If you want to learn more about Koa Recovery and their amazing offerings check them out at www.koarecovery.com.au