SAFE PREGNANCY NATURAL BEAUTY PRODUCTS
This is a special one for any beautiful Mummas to be! It’s so important for EVERYONE to be using natural, organic and toxin free skincare and cosmetics to help our bodies to detoxify and to work and look their best! And when you’ve got a little miracle on board, this is EVEN MORE important! You don’t want any chemical nasties which can interfere with reproduction, growth and hormones (scary huh?!) anywhere near you or your growing bubba!
So! We’ve tracked down some of our favourite pregnancy friendly ingredients to look out for and some super gorgeous products that not only are certified organic, natural and 100% safe BUT are also completely gorgeous and the perfect bit of TLC when you’re becoming a Mum!
BASE INGREDIENTS TO LOOK OUT FOR
- Rosehip Oil - FULL of antioxidants and omega- 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, organic Rosehip oil is completely safe for pregnancy use and can support the skin to stretch and heal. Rosehip oil can also act as an antioxidant barrier for the skin against everyday toxins- SO important when you’ve got a bubba on board!
- Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera is another great and safe option for pregnancy skincare with incredible soothing properties and ALL the amazing vitamins (A, B, C, E)
- Jojoba Oil - PACKED with antioxidants, Jojoba oil has the power to really penetrate the skin to offer amazing moisturising and healing benefits. Perfect for when your skin is stretching and changing during pregnancy
- Magnesium - while not a base product, magnesium bath salts or magnesium sprays (the organic, natural kind of course!) applied topically can offer amazing support for pregnancy aches and pains. – see some of our faves below!
WHAT TO AVOID
- ANY TOXINS LISTED IN OUR ‘KNOW YOUR TOXINS’ PAGE you do NOT want these anywhere near you or your baby!
Essential oils can be incredibly healing and therapeutic for the mind, body and soul and its no secret that they are my FAVE! BUT some people do choose to avoid essential oils during pregnancy because some oils have a stimulating effect on organs (including the uterus!), and hormones and may be too strong for the foetus too!
There's a lot of confusion around essential oils being used whilst pregnant - so it could be best to avoid all together if you have any uncertainty. Here's two essential oils that are commonly avoided ..
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - While Tea Tree Essential Oil does offer amazing health benefits, because this oil is so concentrated and can be toxic if ingested, this is one to stay away from if you're pregnant - just to be safe.
- Rosemary Essential Oil - This is one of my favourite essential oils but is also one I would say to be careful using if you’re pregnant as it has been known to raise blood pressure and potentially cause uterine contractions.
SOME OF OUR PREGNANCY-SAFE FAVES:
NOTE: When pregnant or breastfeeding it is important to run any new products by your healthcare professional. Each pregnancy is unique and while these are recommended as being safe, we do recommend checking before use.
RosehipPLUS Australian Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
One of the best moisturisers you can use while you're pregnant is Rosehip oil. Rosehip oil hydrates, protects the skin from free radicals, is packed with antioxidants, and is rich is essential fatty acids too! You really don't need anything other than this!
Juniper Calming Face and Body Wash
This is a very gentle product which can be used to cleanse the face and/or body! Gentle enough to be used on babies themselves this wash uses Aloe Vera and Jojoba to calm and moisturise the skin and is (of course!) certified organic too!
Erica Brooke Deodorant Creme Unscented
This unscented deodorant is perfect for Mumma's to be! Essential oil free and perfect for sensitive skin it uses shea butter and coconut oil which leaves your underarms soft and nourished! And the info you're all waiting for... IT DOES WORK! This is one of the best working deodorant brands I know so trust me when I say this is a real winner!
Divine by Therese Kerr Mum's Tummy & Body Oil
Rich in organic avocado, coconut, rosehip and sunflower oil, this body oil is truly gorgeous and SUPER moisturising for skin that's moving and changing! This one is tried and tested for pregnancy safety and has NO hidden nasties unlike some mainstream body oils.
Hanako Therapies Pregnancy Blend
This beautiful pregnancy blend uses the purest essential oils (at a 1% dilution meaning they are safe for Mum's to be and babies!) that are known for supporting pregnancy- an amazing example of how essential oils can be used safely during pregnancy so you don't have to miss out on their INCREDIBLE healing abilities! Crystal infused water and mantra's of love are used too to uplift and calm - what more could you want?!
Vanessa Megan Garden Wonderland Pregnancy Perfume / Morning Sickness Spray
This gorgeous natural perfume again using essential oils at a 1% dilution meaning it is absolutely safe for use when pregnant and around babies too! This spray uses calming lavender, mandarin, spearmint, peppermint, ginger and lemon myrtle to support Mum's suffering from morning sickness!
Amazing Oils Roll-On Organic Magnesium Gel
Magnesium can be an amazing support for aches and pains throughout pregnancy and the safest way to get an extra boost of magnesium is topically! This roll on gel is SUPER easy to apply and to carry about with you if you are experiencing cramping or irritability.