WHAT IT IS?
A spice and close relative of ginger, Turmeric has been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes in India, China and Sri Lanka- and it’s about time we got on the bandwagon because this is one seriously SUPER food. An anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-ageing ingredient, it can be used topically as well as in the diet for a number of amazing health boosting reasons- here are some of our favourites!
As an anti-inflammatory Turmeric,
- Supports the immune system and can prevent the onset of colds and flu
- Can act as a natural painkiller
The antioxidant in Turmeric is Curcumin which can,
- Slow the ageing process through preventing free radical damage to skin cells
- Protect the body from toxicity that results from everyday exposure to toxins in our food, atmosphere and personal care products (if you haven’t switched to natural, organic!)
Turmeric can also...
- Protect and heal the gut and liver through stimulating bile production
- When applied to the skin can reduce redness, acne scarring and pigmentation due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
AND MOST AMAZINGLY- Curcumin in Turmeric could prevent diseases such as...
According to Cancer Research UK, “A number of laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin does have anticancer effects”
GET MORE TURMERIC IN YOUR LIFE!
Try adding freshly grated organic turmeric or the powdered spice to your meals, smoothies and juices (just be sure if you’re using a turmeric powder that it is high quality and organic so you aren’t consuming any nasty fillers!)
OUR FAVOURITE TURMERIC RICH PRODUCTS: