THE LIVER LOVING HERB YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
We are exposed to many toxins and pollutants daily and helping our bodies (particularly our livers!) to detoxify and clear out these toxins is one of the best things we can do to ensure we are feeling our absolute best! Reducing our exposure to these toxins by choosing organic, non-toxic cosmetic and personal care products is one way we can help our bodies out. AND! If you're after a next level boost to support your liver herbs can really do some amazing work to rid our bodies of toxic nasties, here is one of our favourites...
What is St Mary’s Thistle?
St Mary’s Thistle (or Milk Thistle) or is a herb which has the ability to draw toxins out of the body, making a powerful support for liver health and detoxification as well as offering a number of other health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral which can support the body in fighting toxins and infection.
- Supports the liver and kidney’s in detoxing and cleaning our bodies of toxic waste, heavy metals and antibiotics
- Protects liver cells from damage
- Rich in antioxidants to prevent free radical damage and support optimum skin health
- Boost immunity
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-viral
- Cleans the blood which can support healthy cholesterol levels
- Anti-ageing due to its high levels of antioxidants
Some easy ways to get St Marys Thistle in your life…
Edible Beauty Tea No. 1 – Green Goddess Detox
This tea uses St Mary’s Thistle to protect the liver and to support the body in detoxification. Herbal tea is an easy way to integrate this liver loving herb into your daily routine and this tea is packed with other herbal goodness such as:
- Schizandra boosts the immune system and regenerates the liver and helps the body cope with stress
- Dandelion root works to balance hormones which can reduce stress on the liver
- Jasmine Green Tea is rich in antioxidants to protect your liver and system from free radicals and toxins
The Beauty Chef CLEANSE Powder
This powder is rich in purifying fruits, vegetables, herbs, algae, digestive enzymes- you name it! St Marys Thistle is amongst good company in this powerhouse superfood powder to support detoxification and liver health.
- Broccoli, beetroot, lemon and kale support the liver during detoxification
- Chickpeas, lentils and mung beans contain fibre to help flush out the system and remove toxins
- All ingredients are super-charged using the Beauty Chef’s bio-fermentation process which boosts the availability of the nutrients in the body
Kiwiherb Liver Cleanse
A mix of St. Mary's Thistle, dandelion root extract, globe artichoke and liquorice extract in an easy to take liquid you can drop into water to support your liver health.
- Dandelion root extract is a natural diuretic to promote elimination of toxins from the liver
- Globe artichoke contains a powerful antioxidant called silymarin which works to protect the liver
- Liquorice extract is anti-inflammatory and can also help soothe digestive discomfort
Legalon by Floradis
This is a daily pure St Mary's Thistle supplement to really support your liver health and boost your body with antioxidants to help protect your liver and reduce the toxic load in the body.
- Promotes detoxification of toxic waste, antibiotics and heavy metals
- Rich in antioxidants to protect the liver
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-viral to boost immunity