TOP 3 WAYS TO STOP TOXIC CHEMICAL ABSORPTION- NOW!
So, I get it, not everyone is already using natural and organic makeup.... and in all honesty I understand why. It can be gosh-darn tricky to navigate through all of the mixed messages and "good-for-sentive-skin yet proven to be carcinogenic" type info online. Once you finally have a rough idea of what ingredients to watch out for and what brands *might be considered safe, you're then left to try and colour match via your computer screen and invest your hard earned dollars in natural products without testing or trialling them on your own skin.... Did I just see the hashtag #toohardbasket?
Well, this my friends, is why I'm here! I'm trying to help make it as eassssyyyy as possible for you to make the switch to affordable, effecting and SAFE cosmetics!
Lets start with the BASICS - yep the basics means that you might be someone who is still using mainstream, toxic cosmetics (don't worry, you're part of the 95% of the population and I will help you change this this soon) yet you want to start NOW!? Well.. good news - YOU CAN.
Here's my TOP 5 TIPS to minimise toxic chem absorbtion STAT, whilst still using (finishing) your current mainstream products (then you'll be swapping to organic, right? ;)
WEAR LESS, MORE OFTEN
Every little bit makes a difference to your health + the environment! USE LESS!
- Start practising being OK with leaving the house on your day off wearing minimal makeup. Perhaps instead of using foundation, just use a tiny bit of concealer in problem areas or underneath the eyes. Experiment with only using mascara and no eyeshadow etc..
- Wash your face the second you get home from work... don't sit around for another 6+ hours at home with your pores being blocked by synthetic silicones and absorbing endocrine disrupting ingredients!
- Just simply STOP using a moisturiser that isn't organic and natural. Honestly, you are better off NOT moisturising at all rather than lathering on a toxic mainstream product. Plus, our bodies are super-dooper clever, the natural oil we secrete (if we don't over cleanse with harsh soaps and body wash) should be doing the job for you - if not, take a hint from the next hot tip below..
RAID THE KITCHEN + SWAP THE NASTIES WITH THE NATURAL RIGHT NOW!
I bet your bottom dollar that you could find some of the most natural and nourishing ingredients perfect for your skin and body health right this very second in your kitchen cabinet! Yep, you've heard the saying, "If you wouldn't eat it, don't put it on your skin!"
Here's a list of some of my favs..
- ALL oils, coconut, olive oil etc
- Lemon (diluted)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (diluted)
- Tea Bags (chamomile is great)
- Brown Sugar
- Yogurt + Sour Cream
The list could go on.... but PLEASE if you're going to do this, look up some fabulous recipes first and be sure to get mixing the right quantities. I found a few simple ideas for you HERE..
STOP SPRAYING PERFUME DIRECTLY ON YOUR SKIN - SERIOUSLY!
We now have SO many beautiful natural, healthy and SAFE fragrances created from organic essential oils (blog post coming on this soon), there's no reason to still be wearing the toxic stuff.. BUT if you can't let go of your Chanel No 5 just yet (trust me you will soon once you realise whats in the stuff!) please spray perfume on your clothes and NOT directly on your skin. Oh and try not to breathe for a few second when spraying in a confined area.. inhalation is just as bad!
Not yet convinced its so important... please read on my friends.
I highly suggest reading a little more about the dangers of fragrance an EWG article HERE
If you're not thinking you would rather just invest in some natural goodies, i.e skincare, essential oil based fragrance etc.. check out some beautiful items at one of my fav online stores Beautiful Because.
Here's a reminder why we should all be using natural......