We're all about cruelty free beauty here at Depths, and vegan products in particular are finding their spotlight in the natural beauty space, matching the current rapidly increasing rate of people who associate with a vegan lifestyle.
WHY VEGAN LIPSTICKS?
- Certified Vegan lipsticks mean the brand is not testing on animals - so our little bunnies, guinea pigs and mice are safe
- Many mainstream lippies derive colouring from our animal friends - like carmine, a bright red pigment from the cochineal beetle, or lanolin, from sheep’s wool
- Vegan lippies are incredibly nourishing, using yummy ingredients like shea butter, jojoba and natural oils like olive and coconut, to ensure our lips are super kissable. Plus, they taste yummy too! It’s a win-win!
OUR FAVOURITE ANIMAL-FRIENDLY LIPPIES
Clove + Hallow - Lip Velvet, Glaze and Creme
This beautiful brand offers all vegan Peta certified and clean cosmetics - when Peta backs a brand, you are onto a GOOD thing. These lippies are straight from the US, and available via The Well Store here in Aus:
- Founded by a professional makeup artist, so the product really performs
- Ingredients include coconut oil, shea butter, vitamin E and jojoba offering hydration, soothing dry lips and long lasting performance
- A variety of shades and finishes available from bright and shiny to neutral and matte
Inika Certified Organic Vegan Lipsticks
You guys know how much we love the entire Inika product range, and their vegan lipsticks are no exception!
- Featuring certified organic argan, avocado and jojoba oils
- A beautifully creamy application, nourishing and hydrating for the lips
- Colours range from creamy nudes and pastels to richer winter shades
WHEN IT COMES TO CHOOSING VEGAN...
Remember: just because a product is vegan, doesn’t necessarily make it 100% naturally derived.
Key carcinogenic/toxic ingredients to look out for in your lippies include:
- Artificial colouring
- Anything difficult to pronounce or with a number code stuck to the end of it
WHY WE LOVE THE WELL STORE
Not only is The Well Store an incredible online hub for all things natural beauty, BUT their VEGAN search tab makes it SUPER easy to find products that are certified vegan - they do the thinking for us, and feature some of our favourite vegan brands, including:
- La Mav
- Simple As That Skincare
- Dr Bronners
- Clove + Hallow
- Lily Lolo