WILDCRAFTED VS ORGANIC - WHAT'S THE DIFF?
Organic is something we're sure you're all aware of and something we always look out for here at Depths in our skincare, makeup, personal care products and food. But have you ever heard of the term "wildcrafted"? Do you know what it means? Is it better or worse than organic? We've got all the answers for you below...
- Wildcrafted refers to botanicals that are grown in the wild. Organic plants are farm-raised without the chemical nasties used on commercial crops but wildcrafted botanicals grow wild and are the best choice (if available)
- Wildcrafted plants aren't protected from insects, animals or environmental stressors so they develop their own strategies to fight off insects, adapt to changing environment and hold onto nutrients and enzymes to protect themselves- meaning more health benefits and nutrients for us
- Wildcrafted plants are the strongest and healthiest and are free of chemical fertilisers, pesticides and herbicides – assuming they are properly harvested and collected from areas without pollution
- Wildcrafted ingredients are found growing in some of the most remote and untouched parts of the world which means they have a very rare antioxidant profile
- Growth in their natural habitat is also thought to enhance the energetic qualities of wildcrafted plants, activating their therapeutic potential
- They are highly pure and toxin free
- Edible Beauty's wildcrafted botanicals are sourced from Australian companies committed to corporate & social responsibility, positive environmental practices, undertaking initiatives to support the development of new primary industry markets & the empowerment of growers & indigenous communities.
- MORE INFO HERE...
SOME OF OUR FAVES RICH IN WILDCRAFTED BOTANICAL GOODNESS...
SLEEPING BEAUTY PURIFYING MOUSSE
This luxurious pink mousse is a mask to pop on before you go to sleep which will leave your skin glowing by the time you wake up. It cleanses, nourishes, balances and removes impurities while you catch some zz's! Star ingredients include...
Australian Pink Clay - detoxifies the skin by gently removing and trapping free radicals
Zeolite - first formed more than 300 million years ago!! Zeolite is a volcanic mineral mostly made up of silica. It has an extraordinary ability to draw and remove impurities from the skin, and exchange different nutrients, and ions according to need in your body
Snowflower Seed Oil - reduces pigmentation, sunspots and enhances brightness and illumination of the skin. It is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and encourages cell renewal
EDIBLE BEAUTY NO. 3 EXOTIC GODDESS AGELESS SERUM
This beautiful serum offers high level antioxidant protection due to its wildcrafted botanical ingredients. It deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin and will leave you glowing. Other star ingredients include...
- Hyaluronic acid - helps to retain moisture levels in the skin
- Kakadu plum extract - rich in vitamin C to promote collagen production and antioxidants
- White tea - deeply nourishes skin cells
EDIBLE BEAUTY NO. 1 BELLE FRAIS CLEANSING MILK
This coconut milk cleanser is gentle on the skin and uses coconut oil to draw out impurities, remove skin and to leave skin clean and fresh. Star ingredients include...
- Apple extract - to clear out pores
- Wattle Seed extract - to protect the skin from free radical damage
- Jujube - to support skin elasticity and hydration
EDIBLE BEAUTY NO. 4 VANILLA SILK HYDRATING LOTION
Hydrate and refine with this light-weight moisturiser which is perfect for everyday. Star ingredients include...
- Black Raspberry extract - which is rich in antioxidants and even provides natural sun protection
- Cocoa butter, Shea butter and Camellia Seed Oil will hydrate the skin without overloading it t nourish, repair and protect the skin