It’s no secret that getting your sweat on is great for your mind, body and soul! But what can it do for your skin?! Breaking a sweat gets your blood pumping, brings oxygen to your skin, clears your pores and aids in the detoxification process!
WHY SWEAT IS GREAT
- Detoxification - the skin is one of our key organs for detoxification. Sweating aids in moving toxins to the surface of your skin to be eliminated.
- Oxygenating the skin - an increase in heart rate means more blood pumping through your veins, providing nutrients and oxygen to your skin giving it that amazing post workout glow!
- Clears pores - rising body temperature is what causes us to sweat with our pores opening up to cool us down, this opening is a great way of keeping pores clean and removing dirt and other toxins from the skin.
- Deep breathing - chances are, if you’re breaking a sweat, you’re going to be breathing more heavily than usual to transport oxygen to your muscles. Deep breathing is known to reduce anxiety and manage stress!
- Endorphins - working out for more than 20 minutes causes your body to release feel good endorphins that make you feel happy and relieve stress. Stress can be incredibly detrimental to your skin and overall complexion so keeping these happy endorphins flowing will not only make you feel good, but will make you glow from within!
Some of our favourite ways to get sweating...
- Barre Classes
- Beach runs
- Dance classes
- Walks in nature
THE BEST sweat friendly products...
Black Chicken Remedies Axilla Deodorant Paste
The best natural deodorant out! This baby will have your back no matter what your level of sweat and the best bit yet?! It has absolutely NO NASTY CHEMICALS, pore blockers, endocrine disruptors or aluminum (as many deodorants do!) which is so important when your pores are wide open!
WOTNOT NATURAL SUNSCREEN
There's nothing we love more than sweating it out beneath blue skies and sunshine. Whether on land or in the water this sunscreen has you covered, literally! Water resistant for up to 3 hours with a SPF of 30+ broad spectrum UVA and UVB this stuff will keep your face and body protected while you simultaneously sweat it out and soak up some Vitamin D.
IME Perfumes- terpsichore [expressive]
This fresh scent is the perfect pick me up post workout and wont clog your pores (or your lungs!) with nasty chemicals found in mainstream perfumes and body sprays.
Mukti Rose Blossom Hydrating Toner
If you’re looking for a quick refresh look no further than a rose water spray like this gorgeous one from Mukti Organics! Rose water is antibacterial and tightens pores too so it's the perfect way to clear the skin following a sweaty workout!