While Winter can be a challenge to some (ahem, Team Depths!) being able to snuggle under your favourite blanket with a hot cup of tea is certainly one of its perks.
Herbal teas come with an array of benefits depending on the herbs and spices they contain, and are also a fabulous (and easy) way of ensuring you keep your water intake up during the colder months.
It’s important however that we choose a good quality, organic tea packed full of nourishing ingredients.
Let’s consider for a moment just how we brew a beautiful cup of tea – we literally boil and steep the tea to extract all of its content. If the chosen tea is not organic, along with extracting all of its goodies, we are also extracting a bunch of harmful pesticides and herbicides.
To avoid this, we want to ensure the tea we choose is organic, so remember to keep an eye out for the Australian Certified Organic stamp when making your selection.
HERBS TO LOOK OUT FOR...
- a potent immune supporting herb
- great for fighting infection and promoting healing
- a great herb for fighting bacteria and viruses and alleviating allergies
- assists digestion and detoxification
- one of the best immune herbs
- reduces your chances of catching that yucky cold or flu
- fabulous for soothing a sore throat, cough or cold
- antibacterial properties to help fight off the winter flu
- supports circulation, improves metabolism and reduces inflammation
- promotes digestion and fights infection
- a wonderful adaptogen, helping us to deal with stress
- supports the adrenals
- anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and a demulcent meaning it soothes the digestive tract alllll the way from the mouth downward
- helpful in treating the cold, flu, bronchitis and digestive discomfort
- beautifully calming
- helps fight stress and anxiety and promotes relaxation.
- Supports digestion and relieves congestion in the respiratory system
Edible Beauty No. 9 Tulsi Immune Fire Jar
Not only will this beautiful organic loose leaf tea warm you up, it will give your immune system the support it needs to get you through winter.
It contains a number of incredible immune boosting herbs and spices including tulsi, yarrow, echinacea and elderberry. The addition of Lemon and Orange Peel give it an extra injection of goodness as well as a beautiful, citrus flavour.
Pukka Three Ginger
For those of you who fancy ginger, this is the perfect choice for you.
With licorice and turmeric added to the mix alongside ginger and galangal, this tea is perfect for supporting your immune system throughout winter, and also for boosting overall health.
oovio RISE & SHINE ORGANIC TEA
Containing licorice, lemon myrtle, ginger and lemongrass, this tea is wonderful for the whole body, incorporating adaptogens, digestive support, warmth, circulation and respiratory support.
To coincide with Plastic Free July, Ovvio have embraced sustainable, compostable refill packaging, forever-use tea tins, and a dedicated room for customers to top up their teas in bulk!
LITTLE WILDLING CO. HIBERNATE + CHILL
The tea described as a ‘big ol’ herbal hug’ and it is no wonder when it contains beauties such as licorice, marshmallow, oats, chamomile, Siberian ginseng, rosehip, turmeric and skullcap. Consider this your hug in a mug!