Nimbus and Co. in Bondi (and now in Bondi’s soul city, Byron Bay!) is a divine little piece of tranquility and freshness. Well known for its infrared sauna offering, the healing space also offers treatments such as acupuncture, massage, naturopathy and yin yoga. Plus Karen Harrison from The Happy Co is the resident Reiki guru! Her brand reflects her essence and she shines happiness through her relaxed, nurturing manner and her seriously healing hands. Here is the lowdown on our recent Reiki experience with the guru herself!
WHAT IS REIKI?
- Reiki is a practice that uses the lightest touches where heat flows through the hands of the practitioner to support inner peace, clarity and ease
- It has the capacity to support every aspect of the body - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
- Works on the energy centres or chakras to help relieve stress, illness and anxiety
HOW WILL YOU FEEL AFTERWARDS?
- Deeply relaxed, the meditative state you will drop into as your energy centres are cleared will stay with you
- Rejuvenated and balanced
- Light and relieved of stress, worry and anxiety
- Be prepared to sleep deeply as your body releases stress and reaches true relaxation
SHOULD YOU TRY IT?
Don’t underestimate the power of Reiki. Of surrender. Of letting someone take over your energy field for a little while. It’s easy to think that our time and budget would be better spent on a more intense treatment such as massage and even kinesiology - both have their healing place but there’s something wonderful about the place that Reiki can take you. Our own meditation and relaxation practices aren’t always able to get us as deep as we need to be to truly rejuvenate and come back to ourselves fully. Hand this over to Karen from the Happy Co and you’ll be guaranteed a taste of bliss!
WHERE TO GET REIKI?
Reviewed by Vicki Heath. Vicki is a writer and communications consultant with 15+ years experience as a PR and media executive across a range of industries from media and entertainment to wellness and interior design. Instagram: @vickiheath Website: http://vickiheath.com.au/